Information you should know about Engineering Companies
All professional Engineering Consultants practicing within the State need to be licensed under the Qatari Engineering Law. There are three options for establishing:
International Engineering Consultancy Office (100% foreign owned)
To register as an “International Engineering Company,” you must ensure your branch office fulfills the following criteria:
- It must be a branch of a main office located abroad
- It must have a license to practice the relevant profession
- The main foreign office must dedicate time and resources to support the branch office and ultimately take responsibility for all their obligations
Local Engineering Office (LLC)
If you are a client interested in registering a “Local Engineering Company,” There are specific stringent requirements for the local Qatari partner of a local Engineering company.
Engineering Branch Office (Contract Specific)
A foreign engineering company performing a specific government contract in Qatar, may set-up a Branch Office, without the need for a Qatari partner. The contract however, must “facilitate the performance of a public service or utility.” Also, the branch office must be:
- Entitled to perform the specific contract for which it is registered
- Authorised by the Ministry of Economy and Commerce
- Fully taxed, unless granted a special exemption
Please note: All Engineers working for a Local Engineering Office must be on the “Register of Engineers” list and meet the necessary experience requirements.
If you are looking to establish a Engineering Office in Qatar. We would recommend a free consultation to discuss your options. Please contact us here to arrange or call us on +974 4478 8765, +971 (0)4 456 1761.