What is the process to setting up in ADGM?
The key steps required to set up a business in ADGM are as follows:
- 1. Define your business activities and entity structure. This requires selecting your business category:
Financial – examples include Fintech, Banking, Wealth Management
Non-financial – examples include corporate company formations such as Treasury, Holding Company, SPVs, Professional Associations
Retail – examples include Retail and Entertainment
- Select and register your business name. Check the register to make sure your name is available for use.
- Lease physical office space (SPVs exempt).
- Complete and submit documentation for your application. Specific documentation will be required based on the entity structure.
Businesses providing financial services will be required to be regulated by the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) to obtain a FSRA licence that reflects your business type and the capital you will be required to hold.
What are the benefits to setting up an ADGM company?
- Businesses establishing in ADGM can be 100% foreign owned
- No corporate or personal income tax
- No currency restrictions
- 100% important and export tax exemption
What entities are available to set up in ADGM?
There are a variety of available corporate structures which can be established in ADGM. You can incorporate a limited or unlimited company or a branch office for a company incorporated elsewhere in the UAE or abroad. You can also establish a passive holding company such as an SPV, a cell company or an investment company. Read more
Setting up a Special Purpose Vehicle in ADGM
ADGM’s SPV regime is regarded as a highly flexible and cost-effective solution for structuring asset holdings and investments. The regime offers business owners and asset holders greater freedom while allowing for separation of financial and legal risk. Under the direct application of English Common Law, SPVs follow companies’ regulations rather than separate regulations, which ensures consistency across all corporate vehicles. Read more
Setting up an ADGM Foundation
The ADGM Framework has a fantastic reputation as an International Financial Centre. It is mandated under Common Law and has independent ADGM courts. Foundations in ADGM are split into two categories – exempt and non-exempt. Read More