What are UAE Mission Visas and How To Apply?
What is a Mission Visa in the UAE?
A Mission Visa is a type of permit issued for professionals who would like to come to the UAE to work with a local company for a specific short-term project. An employee is considered as a probationary worker under these types of visas.
In the past, a company providing a Mission Visa to a foreign worker had to submit a bank guarantee of AED 24,000 to the Ministry of Labour however, as of October 2018, this requirement was removed to allow for a more efficient process.
How long is a Mission Visa valid for?
Mission Visas are based on a single entry to the UAE only and have a validity of 90 days (3 months). This means that any worker on a Mission Visa cannot exit the country until the end of the visa, if they do leave before visa expiry, the visa will automatically be cancelled and if they wish to return, the Mission Visa must be applied for again.
Can I apply for a UAE Residence Visa once my Mission Visa has expired?
It is permitted to apply for a UAE Residence Visa once the Mission Visa has expired, whilst under a Mission Visa, the employee will not have an Emirates ID and it can be difficult to obtain a tenancy contract or apply for a post-paid mobile contract.
What is the application process for a Mission Visa?
It is important to note that the applicant must be outside the country to apply for a Mission Visa and must exit the country as soon as it expires. If an employee would like to apply for a second Mission Visa, they must be outside the UAE for 6 months before another application is submitted.
What is the step by step process for a UAE Mission Visa?
- Step One: Apply for a Mission Visa quota
- Step Two: Once the quota is approved, apply for employee Mission Work Permit
- Step Three: Application must be shared with the employee for signature
- Step Four: The signed application is submitted for approval
- Step Five: Once the Work Permit is approved, an application for the Mission Entry Visa is submitted
- Step Six: Once the Mission Entry Visa is approved and standard issue Mission Visa Insurance coverage is awarded, the applicant is permitted to enter the UAE and obtain an entry stamp on the visa upon arrival
- Step Seven: The applicant should share a copy of the stamped Mission Visa to the employer
- Step Eight: A Labour Contract will be prepared, signed by the employee and submitted for approval
- Step Nine: The employee will be required to attend a MOL approved clinic to undertake a basic medical assessment
- Step Ten: Medical results are issued
- Step Eleven: Labour Contract approved and Labour Card issued
Please note that Medical Insurance will be required and the employee will also need to be paid through the Ministry of Labour (MOL) Wage Protection System (WPS).
What documents are required to apply for a Mission Visa?
How can PRO Partner Group Assist?
PRO Partner Group can assist with all the steps for application of Mission Visas, for further information click here (or call us on +971 (0)4 456 1761 for Dubai or +971 (0)2 448 5120 for Abu Dhabi.