How do I obtain an Employment Visa in Oman?
As part of the Omanisation initiative, the employment of foreign nationals is becoming increasingly regulated by the Omani authorities. In some cases, an employer must prove that a foreign worker has the skills and experience which an Omani national cannot offer, otherwise an employment visa will not be granted. Once officially employed by an Omani based company, the employment visa process will begin:
What are the steps involved in obtaining an employment visa in Oman?
Step 1: The employer must obtain a Labour Permit from the Ministry of Manpower
An application must be submitted to the specified department in the Ministry of Manpower and meet following requirements:
- The company must first comply with Omanisation rules and check the quota of foreign employees for that particular activity
- The company must check that the number of requested foreign employees is allowed for the operation of the company under the company’s specific activities
- The requested foreign employees need to hold the correct qualifications
- Step 2: Employment Visa Application
The employer must obtain individual employment visas for each employee and ensure that:
- The applicant must be between the ages of 21 and 60 years old
- The applicant’s sex and job title must match those on the Labour Permit
- Some nationalities require special permits
Documents Required to apply:
- Two passport sized photographs
- Passport copy valid for not less than 6 months
- For nationals of specified countries, the original and a copy of the medical certificate is required, attested by the Ministry of Health
- If a foreign worker has not completed two years with their previous Oman-based employee, a release letter is required approved by the Directorate General of Passports and Residence is required
- Step 3: Entry into Oman
Once employment visas are granted, the employee can travel to and from Oman with a copy and subsequently apply for a Residence Card.
- Step 4: Local Medical Test/Fingerprints.
On arrival to Oman, the employee must collect their Residence Card from the Royal Oman Police within 30 days of entry. The employee will be required to take a blood test at the Ministry of Health and provide biometric data. Once the results have been collected, then the Directorate General of Civil Status will issue the two year Oman Resident Card to the employee.
How can PRO Partner Group Assist with your Visa and PRO requirements in Oman?
Omani Law requires foreign companies to hire an Omani PRO to liaise with the Government Offices. We have a highly experienced team of Arabic speaking PROs on the ground to assist foreign companies with seamless Government Liaison, resident permits, visas, and other items in Oman. We provide expedient, reliable and cost-effective services for large corporations and SMEs, making us one of the choice PRO companies in Oman. Through years of local industry experience, we have built enduring relationships with key government bodies, allowing us to offer our clients a seamless and efficient process for all their company and visa requirements.
PRO Partner Group can provide professional PRO Services to support you and your staff. For more information on Employment visa in Oman please contact Natalia on +971 (0)56 689 7293 or +971 (0)4 456 1761, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.