How to register an event in Dubai
Event registration process
Dubai has a huge amount to offer as a destination to host an event. With the arrival of expo 2020, the city is set to attract over 25 million visitors and generate in the region of USD23 billion. It has the world’s busiest airport and attracts close to 17 million visitors every year.
Dubai also has a reputation as a forward-thinking city that embraces innovation and technology and has rapidly transformed itself into a top leisure and business destination.
For any event organiser that wishes to exploit these opportunities, an event licence and valid ticketing permit is required.
How to begin applying to host an event in Dubai?
If you intend to organise an entertainment, sport, charity or business event in Dubai, you must first obtain a permit.
The application for this can be submitted online via Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) and their e-Permit portal.
You will require a passport copy of the event organiser and a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the venue where you intend to hold the event.
Other documents which may be requested, depending on the type of event which you intend to host and the type of venue which you choose to use, include:
- An event permit request
- Advertising permit application form
- A soft copy of any structural drawings stamped by a specialised contractor and a risk assessment, HSE plan and risk compliance method statement (for events which involve building temporary structures).
- The trade licence of the event organiser or contractor being used.
- Drawings showing layout of all stages and other facilities.
- NOCs from the master developer and any other relevant authorities.
- Event agenda
- Emergency and evacuation plan
What is the application process for an event permit in Dubai?
- First register an account on the e-Permit portal.
- Select “add new event”, read the information that appears and click ‘continue’.
- Complete all requested fields:
- Type of event
- Event name
- Event profile
- Venue details
- Start and end dates
- Add all contact details and passport numbers for the event manager/s, participants and performers.
- Submit the requested documents (A copy of the event manager’s passport and the venue NOC)
- Review the information you have submitted and make payment. This can be done online by credit card or alternatively by bank transfer.
Once your application has been approved and receipt of payment has been confirmed, you will be issued with your permit. This generally takes around 5 working days.
This is another important element to consider, since a permit will also be required for any ticketed event held in Dubai.
This can also be done via the Dubai tourism website by following the steps below:
- Select ‘apply now’ to apply for the e-Permit and verify that you are a licensed event organiser.
- Complete the provided form with the following details to register on the eForm portal.
- A copy of your trade licence
- Copies of the event organiser’s NOC and Emirates ID
- Tourism ID (this is a code that is generated on the eForm portal)
- Provide your documentation. You should have an NOC letter from the event venue and copies of both your trade licence and your Emirates ID. You should also download and complete the ticketing fee form.
- A ticketing fee will then be calculated and generated. You can then pay this fee, either by cheque (payable to DTCM) or direct payment on the eForm portal by selecting advance payment.
- Apply for event ticketing: This can be done by completing the New Event Notification (NEN) on the portal.
- Finally, submit the application. A response will normally be provided within one working day.
What fees are involved?
For small scale events involving an area of less than 500 square feet such as:
- Non-commercial events
- Government sponsored events
- Commemorative events
The fee is AED 500 + a structural fee of AED 1,000 (if applicable). The standard fees relate to the area required for the event and are AED1.0 per square foot, with any area added as an extension to the existing facilities charged at AED 0.025 per square foot.
Each transaction will also incur 2 additional fees known as ‘Knowledge Dirham’ and Innovation Dirham’ which are charged at AED 10 respectively.
How can PRO Partner Group help?
PRO Partner Group (PPG) have direct access to government departments and ministries and can help you fully with the process for acquisition of the Event and Ticketing Licence and any other regulatory approvals and licences to allow you to compliantly hold an event in the UAE. If you need assistance to obtain an event licence or for any other related company setup, restructuring, local partner or PRO support matter in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, the wider UAE, Oman, Qatar or Saudi Arabia, then please do get in touch with us on +971 (0)4 456 1761 for Dubai or +971 (0)2 448 5120 for Abu Dhabi, email us at email@example.com or complete the contact form below and we will be delighted to assist you.