Etihad Airways new baggage limits for UAE passengers
Etihad Airways is introducing a new baggage policy for the UAE passengers. The new policy has been introduced to respond to individual customer needs with greater flexibility and to more closely align Etihad Airways with other Etihad Airways Partner airlines. The changes will provide greater benefits to guests, with increased rewards for Etihad Guest loyalty program members.
The weight allowances changing according to the route. Airline mentioned that, “as part of the policy change, the cost of excess baggage will be cut on a majority of fares.”
New baggage policy highlights:
- Increased allowance for Economy Value and Economy Freedom guests on certain routes from 30kg to two pieces of baggage at 23kg per bag – a total allowance of 46kg.
- On selected routes, the Economy Class allowance has been increased for all fare choices from 30kg to two pieces of baggage at 23kg per bag.
- In premium cabins on certain routes, the allowance has been increased from 40/50kg to two pieces of baggage at 32kg per bag.
- Etihad Gold and Platinum members will receive one extra piece of baggage at 32kg on piece concept routes, compared to 15kg and 20kg respectively previously.
- For piece concept markets, Etihad Silver members now receive a minimum of 2 bags of 23kg.
More information available at www.etihad.com