Requirements to set up in QFZA
There are 2 main steps involved in starting your business in a Freezone in Qatar (QFZ) – application stage and registration stage. Both stages are handled by liaison with QFZA (Qatar Freezone Authority) or through a company service provider like PRO Partner Group. Note that PRO Partner Group (PPG) Qatar can act as your agent to assist with the set up and liaison with Qatar Freezone Authority to ensure the correct and timeline set up of the freezone company in QFZ. PPG can act as your main point of contact through the process.
What is the QFZ Application process
This process includes obtaining general information on the company, financial and employment forecasts and a business plan detailing proposed operations and activities.
The documents that you will be required to submit at this stage are:
- A copy of your company registration (If the company is already registered in Qatar)
- Audited financial statements or a shareholder’s financial statement from the last 3 years
- Copies of ID documents for all the directors of the proposed company
- Proof of payment of the 300 QAR necessary for the application
Registration of QFZ company
The documents that will be submitted at this stage depend on the proposed business activity and structure.
QFZ LLC Formation
For incorporation of an LLC in QFZ, you will require all the documents relating to the free zone entity. These are:
- Articles of Associations (AoA), which must be signed by shareholders or authorised representatives of the shareholders on every page
- Documents pertaining to the incorporation of the free zone entity and appointment of an authorised representative (shareholder’s resolution)
- All governmental documents that relate to the company shareholders
Note that where shareholders may be corporate entities then the relevant Board Resolution and Power of Attorney must be obtained from the country of origin and Notarised, Legalised and Attested through the Qatar embassy in that country. PPG can fully assist with this process as needed.
QFZ Branch Formation
In order to register a branch office in the Qatar Freezone, you must provide the following:
- All documents that relate to the authorisation for incorporation of a free zone branch
- Any documents that are connected with the appointment of a manager
- Any other constitutional documents that are related to the originating parent company
With setting up Branch office in QFZ the relevant Board Resolution and Power of Attorney must be drafted from the parent company and obtained from the country of origin and Notarised, Legalised and Attested through the Qatar embassy in that country. PPG can assist with this process as needed.
What are the Fees for QFZ set up
The initial government fees to set up in QFZ are QAR 11,000 for an LLC.
This is comprised of QAR 300 freezone application fee, QAR 5,700 freezone registration fee and QAR 5,000 annual licence fee.
How can we help?
We understand that entering and developing in new markets is challenging. We can help you identify the correct legal entity for your business and assist you with all relevant PRO Services, such as Staff Visas, Immigration and Labour matters, and all relevant company licensing, corporate structuring and corporate governance.
If you need assistance in setting up a free zone company in Qatar, and for further information on any other related company setup, local partner or PRO service matter in Qatar, do get in touch with us on +974 4478 8765, email us at email@example.com or complete the contact form below and we will be delighted to assist you.