RAK EZ Introduces Freelancer Visa
RAK EZ Introduces Freelancer Visa in the UAE
The Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah is a leading business destination within the UAE offering a wealth of opportunities to free zone and non-free zone businesses. The emirate is situated in the east of the Persian Gulf and is the northernmost emirate of the UAE.
Ras al-Khaimah has a population of about 250,000 inhabitants and has become a true trading and industrial hub with a growing and thriving economy. Global ratings agency S&P estimates real GDP growth of 2.5 per cent for Ras Al Khaimah in 2018 as compared to 1.5 per cent last year.
Based in the heart of Ras Al Khaimah, an economic authority was established in 2017 - Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAK EZ). This authority was set up to oversee the and consolidate the specialised zones and clients of the two fast-growing free zones in the UAE: RAK Free Trade Zone and RAK Investment Authority.
RAKEZ offers clients and investors a cost-effective solution with customisable packages and services allowing freelancers flexible working solutions. RAK EZ connects investors to growing markets of the Middle East, North Africa (MENA), Europe as well as South and Central Asia. It is currently the preferred business destination of more than 13,000 multinational companies, from freelancers to SMEs.
Recently the Freelancer Permit was introduced by RAKEZ to help sole practitioners and offer more possibilities to those freelancers working in media and education.
The permit starts from AED 6,100 ($1,660) exclusively to media and education professionals covering various activities. The package includes a two-year UAE visa as well as access to a shared workstation and premium services. The freelancer permit will need to be renewed every year.
Benefits of RAKEZ include; shared and furnished workstations, secretarial and business centre services, advanced IT/telecommunication infrastructure, simplified and fast track permit issuance, first-class services in one-stop shop and eligibility to apply for a UAE Residence Visa.
RAKEZ Terms & Conditions (RAK Website)
- A Freelancer is athe professional who will operate as an independent contractor and in the form of a sole practitioner to undertake the permitted business from RAKEZ
- A Freelancer shall conduct business in his/her own birth name as opposed to a company name
- It is optional for UAE residents (GCC and Non-GCC Nationals) to take RAKEZ visa sponsorship. Existing sponsor’s NOC has to be provided if a client opts for a permit without visa
- Freelancers shall not be eligible to open a Corporate Bank Account (only a personal bank account is possible).
- No Memorandum of Association, Certificate of Incorporation or Partner list shall be issued under the Freelancer Permit
- Freelancers are personally liable for any debts and other obligations the Freelancer may incur in carrying out his/her work
- Freelancers shall not be eligible to appoint any staff or obtain additional visa under the permit
- The Freelancer can select only 1 activity per Permit
Documents required to apply include; application for registration and permit with proposed activity (only 1 activity is permitted), valid passport copy and photo, CV, business plan detailing the proposed business, two professional references with contact details or letter of intent from a potential business partner stating their interest in working with you as a freelancer, visa undertaking letter and signed sponsorship agreement (upon issuance of permit)
The approximate duration for issuance of Freelancer Permit is 2-3 days upon submitting the full set of application, settling the required payment and receiving the pre-approval from the Immigration.
For more information on company formation in the UAE and for further details and assistance with Freelancer Licences in RAK and elsewhere, please contact us on +971 (0)4 456 1761, +971 (0)2 448 51 20 or email firstname.lastname@example.org