What is CICPA?
The Critical Infrastructure and Coastal Protection Authority (CICPA) is the official authority for the security and protection of Abu Dhabi’s infrastructure and the nation’s resources. CICPA is responsible for issuing security clearance for companies and employees working within any of Abu Dhabi’s critical establishments.
What is a CICPA pass and why do I need one?
CICPA (Critical Infrastructure & Coastal Protection Authority) security passes allow access to restricted ports and field sites. There are many restricted areas, which are not accessible without the correct/relevant CICPA pass. Each CICPA pass is unique and would need to be applied for individually.
Is my company eligible to apply for a CICPA pass?
It is imperative that companies wishing to apply for CICPA passes meet the following criteria to apply:
- The company must have an Abu Dhabi Trade Licence
- The company must be registered with Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce
- The company must have Supreme Petroleum Council (SPC) approval
- Have a contract in place with a concession holding company and obtain an invite letter (LOA) from ADNOC
Who is not eligible for a CICPA pass?
Security permits will be rejected for any individual with the following types of visa:
- Freezone visa (aside from some freezones Masdar City, twofour54, ADGM – additional approvals will apply to these)
- Visit visa
- Tourist visa
- Non Abu Dhabi issued visa
How do I apply for a CICPA pass?
There are numerous procedures to follow before CICPA passes can be applied for. Only employees of an Abu Dhabi company are eligible for CICPA passes and no temporary passes are allowed for employees employed in another Emirate. The process for applying for CICPA passes is as follows:
- Complete the application form by using the Permit Program (in Arabic only)
- Complete the introduction document
- Attach required supporting documents according to the type of permit you wish to apply
- Submit the application at the headquarters of the Security Permits Section
- Only the company owner or registered company PRO can apply for the permits
What documents are required for a company to apply for CICPA passes?
Numerous documents are required to enable a company to apply for CICPA passes:
- Completed application form
- Copy of the company Trade Licence
- Signatory’s signature authorisation
- Letter from company requesting to open a file and approve a PRO
- Certified PRO authorisation
- Signed contract with a concession-holding company (LOA)
- Cover letter for the contract from the Supreme Petroleum Council
- Completed introduction form for PRO
- Personal photo (must be 4cm x 6cm, with a white background)
- PRO’s passport, visa and Emirates ID
What other documents are required?
Employee Security PermitVehicle Security PermitVessels Security Permit Completed application formCompleted application formCompleted application form Introduction formVehicle registration cardMaritime licence issued by the National Transport Authority Personal photoNo objection letter from traffic and licensing department, including a list of vehicle numbers, categories and typesTrade licence Passport, visa and Emirates ID, or passport and mission visaContract copySignatory’s signature authorisation Contract copyTrade licenceCrew’s security permits Trade LicenceSignatory’s signature authorisation
How can PRO Partner Group assist you?
PRO Partner group can make your SPC and CICPA pass approvals as efficient as possible. Contact us on +971 (0)4 456 1761 - email@example.com to speak to one of our experienced team members who can assist you with any questions or requirements you may have.
#CICPA security passes allow access to restricted ports and field sites. There are many restricted areas, which are not accessible without the correct/relevant CICPA pass. Each CICPA pass is unique and would need to be applied for individually. #UAEhttps://t.co/CsgPs8LZOa— PRO Partner Group (@PROPartnerGroup) June 12, 2019