How to work under spousal visa in the UAE?
In the UAE, the employer of a sponsored worker can extend sponsorship to the accompanying spouse, provided that the relevant legal requirements are met.
Once the legal requirements, such as salary and suitable housing, are met, the accompanying family member may obtain a residence permit to settle in the UAE long term under Family Sponsorship.
Before the accompanying spouse can start to work, a work permit / labour card must be approved and issued by the government.
How do you apply for a work permit?
The process for applying for a Labour card for women (with husband as a sponsor) requires preparation of numerous documents.
The documents required for a first-time applicant include:
- A No Objection Certificate (NOC), completed by spouse
- Work contract
- Copy of the company labour and immigration establishment card
- Copy of the company trade licence
- E-signature card of the labour signatory
- Copy of passport, visa and EID of both the employee and their sponsor/spouse
- Copy of certified academic certificates (dependent on job title)
- Photograph with white background
For applicants who have been previously employed, additionally it will be required to include the following:
- Labour card cancellation copy
The Labour Card Process
- Abtain copies of documents – as per list of required docs
- Apply for job offer letter for employee (Ministry of Labour - Tasheel)
- Employee must sign job offer letter, stamp with company stamp
- Signed and stamped job offer letter submitted to Tasheel for initial approval
- Initial approval granted 2-5 working days
- Prepare work permit application
- Pay labour fees
- Payment approved 1 working day
- Prepare labour contract application (Ministry of Labour - Tasheel)
- Labour contract application sent to employee to be signed and stamped with company stamp
- Signed and stamped labour contract application submitted to Tasheel for approval and for original contract and electronic labour card to be issued 2 – 5 working days
The labour card / work permit is valid for 2 years and will need to be reapplied at the end of the validity.
How can PRO Partner Group help?
Offering end-to-end visa application services, PPG can offer a hassle-free solution for keeping on top of visa rules and regulations, processing all necessary documentation. PPG are fully acquainted with the necessary processes and legalities and offer a trusted, transparent service to all clients.
How can PRO Partner Group assist with Labour Card Applications?
PPG can assist with labour card applications for companies and individuals in the UAE, For more information, please speak to one of our team members on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our offices on +971 2 448 5120 or +971 4 456 1761