LLC Company in Qatar
The most common method available to foreign investors setting up in Qatar is to incorporate a Limited Liability Company (LLC).
Currently, the law states that most Limited Liability Companies must have one or more local Qatari partner(s). The local partners shareholding should be a minimum of 50% in the LLC. In most cases however, a 51% shareholding will be held by the Qatar partner.
More Information about LLC’s:
- In order to operate as an LLC, a minimum share capital of QR 200,000 must be available
- Unlike a branch office, an LLC can carry out an unlimited number of contracts simultaneously
- It is mandatory for an LLC to have a suitable office space prior to obtaining a Trade Licence
- Corporation tax is 10% on the profits of the company
- The profit share for the company does not need to reflect that of the shareholding