What are the requirements for the UAE Golden Visa?
Through Real estate investment:
- Investment in a property with a value of at least AED 2 million, this can include off-plan properties
Entrepreneurs can obtain a Golden Visa on one of the following conditions:
- Partner or owner of a start-up which is registered as a SMEs in the UAE with a minimum annual company revenue of AED 1 million.
- Approval from the Ministry of Economic Development for an idea for a start-up
- Founded and sold an entrepreneurial project for a total amount of AED 7 million or more.
- Must be employed in the UAE with 5 years’ experience - the applicant can share proof of a total 5 years' of work experience in UAE to obtain approval
- Hold a role classified by MOHRE’s occupational classification scheme as follows:
Minimum educational level of bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Minimum monthly salary of AED 30, 000 or equivalent.
- Level 1 Classification – Managers & Business Executives.
- Level 2 Classification – Professionals in the fields of Sciences, Engineering, Health, Education, Business and Management, Information Technology, Law, Sociology, and Culture.
Creative People in the field of Culture and Art
Applicants are required to meet 3 of the following:
- Provide an approved latter from Department of Culture and Arts in relevant Emirate
- Certificate of appreciation/nomination from a prestigious International or regional authority in the field.
- An honorary position in a prestigious International authority because of his/her outstanding creativity.
- An active member of a prestigious international art organization or association.
- His/her creations must have received attention from critics, media or industry professionals.
- His/her works have been shown in prestigious forums locally, regionally or internationally (exhibitions, forums, festivals, events).
Information provided by UAE Ministry of Youth and Culture. Apply for recommendation letter here
Students of exceptional ability
- High school students with outstanding school results - the applicant must have a 95% minimum grade from a certified public or private school, and a recommendation from the Ministry of Education (MOE)
- For university students, they must graduate from one of the top 100 universities across the world
- The visa may include the student’s family members
- Other criteria considered is year of graduation, classification and cumulative average
Pioneers of humanitarian works
An individual should be a pioneer or worker in humanitarian work within one of the following categories to be eligible for a golden visa:
- Individuals who have worked in international and regional organisations, or outstanding employees, for a minimum of 5 years
- Members of civil institutions and associations of public interest, or outstanding employees, for a minimum of five years
- Those who have received an appreciation award from a local, regional, or international organisation that focuses on humanitarian work
- Awarded outstanding humanitarian volunteers with at least 5 years of service or at least 500 hours of volunteer service
- Individuals who fund humanitarian work, provided that the value of support is not less than AED 2 million or its equivalent
- All other categories of humanitarian work are agreed upon between the authority and the Ministry
- A minister can also nominate pioneers of humanitarian work
Other requirements include holding a university degree, and fulfilling any other criteria imposed by a ministry or authority.
The investment can be made in one of several ways, including:
- A minimum AED 10 million deposit in a UAE-based investment fund
- The establishment of a UAE-based company with a minimum capital investment of AED 10 million
- Partnership of an existing UAE company with a share value of at least AED 10 million
- An investment in a combination of the areas mentioned above, provided that the portion of the investment in areas other than real estate is no less than 60% of the total
However, there are the following stipulations that must be followed:
- The investment sum cannot be derived from a loan
- The investment must be held for at least three years
- The individual should have financial liquidity for up to AED 10 million
This visa can include the investor’s spouse and children, as well as one executive director and one advisor. It is also possible to include other business partners, provided that they can each contribute AED 10 million.
Outstanding specialised talents
This category encompasses any individual who demonstrates exceptional ability in the fields of science and technology, creative areas such as culture and art, and can contribute to the UAE’s economy in some way.
The criteria for obtaining a visa within this category is recognition of the individual’s skills and accreditation by a relevant UAE government ministry.
The criteria for eligibility in this category are:
- For creative individuals – An approval letter from the Department of Culture and Arts in the relevant emirate
- For inventors - The attainment of a patent of value which is approved by the Ministry of Economy and contributes to the UAE economy in some way
- For individuals with exceptional talent in the field of science - Their work must be published in a recognised scientific journal
- For scientists – A letter of recommendation from the Emirates Scientists Council or the Secretariat of the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Academic Excellence stating that he is a recipient of the Academic Excellence Medal
- For business investors - They must be owners of an internationally recognised company or holders of a high academic position
- For specialists in the fields of athletes and science – A specialised certificate in the fields specified by the authorities in the country, or a letter of recommendation letter from the General Sports Authority or one of the sports councils
- For holders of doctoral degrees and specialists in the fields of engineering and science –
- A certified copy of a Ph.D. from the Ministry of Education in one of the priority disciplines
- A university degree from the MOE with a major in engineering or science
- A work contract for a profession in the engineering or science fields
- For doctors – An approval letter from the Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) in the country to practice the profession of medicine, and the meeting two of the following requirements:
- Ph.D. degree from one of the top 500 universities in the world
- An award or certificate of excellence in a relevant field
- A contribution to major scientific research in their respective field
- Published articles or books in renowned publications in their respective field
- Membership of an organisation related to their field
- A Ph.D. and 10 years professional experience in their field
- Another specialisation in a field of priority to the UAE
Other requirements include having a valid passport copy, and valid health card insurance that is not less than one year and can be extended.
For more information on the terms and conditions for the issuing of golden visas, please visit the Federal Authority For Identity and Citizenship (ICA) website.
Key Benefits for the UAE Golden Visa
- 10 year renewable residence visa
- No minimum days required to be present in the UAE
- No sponsor or employer required
- No age limit for children or spouse to obtain a residence visa
- 6 month validity on entry visa
- In the case of the visa holders death, the family can remain in the UAE for the remainder of the visas validity
Read our full blog article 'How do I obtain the UAE Golden Visa?' for Golden Visa application process and initial costs here
PRO Partner Group have experience obtaining UAE Golden Visas for our clients. We assist our clients to access that they meet the requirements and preparing the right documentation. Our team of expert advisors can help with the registration process throughout all the required steps up to issuance of the Golden Visa and additional family members as well. If you need assistance looking at the options to obtain an UAE Golden Visa, please get in touch with us on +971 (0)4 456 1761 for Dubai or +971 (0)2 448 5120 for Abu Dhabi, email us at email@example.com or complete the contact form below and we will be delighted to assist you.